Empowering Textile Education Since 2013. Online Textile Academy is a portal to enhance your textile knowledge in every aspect.

Yarn Diameter Formula | Pierce’s Formula for Cotton Spun Yarn Diameter

D= 1/(28*under root cotton count ). Pierce developed a formula to calculate the yarn diameter. From an experimental work, he concluded that the specific volume of cotton yarn under moderate pressure is 1.1 cm3/gm.

Yarn Diameter Measurement/Yarn Diameter Formula

Pierce developed a formula to calculate the yarn diameter. From an experimental work, he concluded that the specific volume of cotton yarn under moderate pressure is 1.1 cm3/gm.

Yarn Diameter
Yarn Diameter
The density of cotton fibre is 1.52 gm/cm3
Yarn Diameter Formula

A specific volume of 1.1 corresponds to a yarn composed of or approximately 60% of fibre and remaining 40% being air space.

Let yarn count = N tex.
Assuming specific volume = 1.1 cm3/gm
Then, 
1.1cm3 of yarn has 1 gm weight.

Now,
1 gm of N tex has a length of 1/N km or 105/ N cm.
Hence, 
1.1cm3 of yarn has a length of 105/ N cm.

Since, 
Yarn Diameter Formula

Yarn Diameter Formula
d= yarn diameter in cm.

Yarn Diameter Formula

Yarn Diameter Formula

Yarn Diameter Formula

Converting cm into inches and tex to Ne

Yarn Diameter Formula

Yarn Diameter Formula
Labels:

Post a Comment

[disqus][blogger]

Ashish Hulle

{twitter#https://twitter.com/AshishHulle}

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget